Day 1: Nairobi
While you are in the care of Royal Private Safaris, your safety and security are our number one priority. As such, in the unlikely event of serious illness or injury, our clients are covered by “Flying Doctors” Insurance policy. This emergency evacuation insurance covers the cost of the evacuation flight back to Nairobi for treatment. This insurance policy however DOES NOT cover the cost of any medical treatment received. We highly recommend travel insurance for full coverage.
A privately driven vehicle will provide you with a transfer to and from the airport.
Accommodation: Town Lodge
Day 2: Nairobi – Mt Kenya
Enjoy the drive from Nairobi to Mt. Kenya National Park through villages, towns, and up to the mountain’s base. This drive will take about 3 hours.
Time permitting, there are many optional activities. Activities range from nature walks to cultural village visits. Some of these can be pre-booked through your destination specialist while others can be booked directly with the lodge upon arrival. Possible options are: Mt Kenya forest walk ($50pp), guided fishing trip in mountain streams ($75pp).
Accommodation: Mountain Lodge Serena
Day 3: Mt Kenya – Samburu
Your guide will drive you down the cool slopes of Mt. Kenya, across the plain of Laikipia, to your finally destination, the sandy desert region of Samburu. This scenic commute will take approximately 2 to 3 hours.
Another species unique to the Samburu region is the gerenuk. With luck, you’ll see some while on your game drive. It’s amazing to watch them stand on their hind legs to eat! The gerenuk (also known as Waller’s gazelle) is a long-necked species of antelope found in dry bushy shrub and steppe in East Africa. The word gerenuk comes from the Somali language, meaning “giraffe-necked”, and leads to its other common name, the giraffe-necked antelope.
Accommodation: Sopa Lodge
Day 4: Samburu – Naivasha
Your guide will drive you from the desert region of Samburu, through the beautiful, picturesque rift valley, to Naivasha. The drive takes an estimated 7 hours to complete.
Sign up for optional activities on-site. Activities include Crescent Island boat tour, hiking and day trip excursions to Mt Longonot and Hell’s Gate, or simply walk along the lakeshore and relax at your lodge.
Accommodation: Naivasha Simba
Day 5: Naivasha – Bogoria
Set out today in a privately driven vehicle, accompanied by your guide, from the Lake Naivasha area en-route to Lake Bogoria. During this passage of road, keep your keen-eye focused out the windows as you’ll pass a variety of local game. After approximately two hours you’ll arrive at the Lake Bogoria National Reserve, famed for its brightly coloured pink flamingo flocks, but also home to Rare Kudu.
One of the most notable of the Rift Valley soda lakes is Lake Bogoria. Due to the extremely high abundance of algae along the shallow shore line of the Lake, vast flocks of brightly coloured Pink Flamingoes spend many hours sifting their comb-like beaks along the surface to eat the mineral enriched algae. Many other species of birds also flourish here, as do some other mammals including baboons, warthogs etc.
Accommodation: Lake Bogoria Spa Resort
Day 6: Bogoria – Nairobi
Our local guide will drive you from Lake Bogoria, along the beautiful Rift Valley, to the urban city of Nairobi. This drive will take about four hours.
Enjoy a visit to the Giraffe Center where you can hand-feed the giraffes. Then stop at the Karen Blixen house, once lived in by Karen, and made world familiar as the movie set for “Out of Africa” with Meryl Streep and Robert Redford. (Try to see the movie again!) Ms. Blixen’s good works, among and for the local people, have made her into a legend. If you are interested in the local jewelry you can visit the Kazuri Bead Factory, it’s an all-woman craft workshop that is renowned for making fabulous clay beads and jewelry. The Factory is a co-operative enterprise founded several decades ago by an Englishwoman who wanted to help single mothers become self-supporting. The clay beads are as amazing as the story of the Factory’s evolution.
The opportunity to explore the local markets and shops presents itself today as so you can interact with the local vendors in search for the perfect handicraft or souvenir for yourself or your loved ones.
If you like, we can make reservations for dinner at a local restaurant as well. Please let us know in advance and if you are vegetarian.
Request A Quote
· What’s Included:
- Guaranteed departure – Accommodation, Activities, Transfers, Meals, Fees where indicated as per the itinerary – Local traveler assistance during your tour – Specialized and personalized services
· What’s not Included:
- Tips – Laundry – Soft drinks and alcoholic beverages unless explicitly noted – Optional activities/extras – Visas (unless noted) – Vacation insurance
· Trip Terms & Conditions
- Your deposit is due immediately on booking (30% of program price, minimum $350). The balance is due 30 days prior to departure.
- Cancellations of confirmed bookings 90 days or more prior to departure will receive full refund minus a $350 (per person) administrative fee and any non-refundable paid fees (e.g. non-refundable airfare, cruise or hotel deposits). 60-89 days will be subject to loss of 30% of program price. 30-59 days will be subject to loss of 50% of program price. 29 days or less will be subject to loss of 100% of program price.
- Tour quotes do not include airfare to/from the trip start point unless noted on the itinerary
- Cost increases in currency exchange, government fees, taxes, surcharges or hotel/lodge tariff increases between quote date and start date are payable by the client.
- Availability cannot be guaranteed until booked. We will exercise best efforts to book hotels per the itinerary, however, in busy seasons and with client bookings made within 90 days of tour date we may be forced to offer substitutes.
- Living Standards and practices at destination may differ from those in your home country with respect to provisions of utilities, services and accommodation.